Festivals and Things to Do in Candler Park
Many people are drawn to the Intown Atlanta neighborhoods because there are so many festivals and things to do. Candler Park is no exception!
This popular neighborhood truly has it all — two walkable “districts” with restaurants and shops, public parks everywhere you look, and some fabulous annual festivals including the Sweetwater / Earth Day Fest in Candler Park, the Halloween Parade in Little Five Points and several smaller events for the residents like the Movies on the Candler Park lawn.
CANDLER PARK EVENTS & FESTIVALS
- Candler Park Easter Egg Hunt (Spring)
- Inman Park Festival & Parade
- Candler Park Tour of Homes
- Mid-Summer Music Festival
- Little Five Points Halloween Parade
- Candler Park Fall Fest
- Candler Park Movie Night – See the schedule for upcoming movies
- More coming soon!
PARKS & RECREATION
- Candler Park – DeKalb County park with ball field, playground, neighborhood public pool and picnic pavillions
- Candler Park Golf Course (located in Candler Park)
- Bass Park Athletic Fields
- Lake Claire Park
- Lake Claire Pool
- Freedom Park – including bike and walking trails
- Bike Path (running from Downtown Atlanta through Candler Park, ending in Stone Mountain)
OTHER LOCAL FAVORITES
- Brunch on Sundays at The Flying Biscuit (corner of Oakview & McLendon)
- Mary Lin (Elementary) Get-Together at Candler Park Playground – A great way for the kids and parents to meet and get to know one another outside of school. Graduates of Mary Lin are also welcome!
ONE OF THE MOST WALKABLE NEIGHBORHOODS IN ATLANTA
Looking for a neighborhood where you can walk to restaurants, pubs and events? Candler Park is one of the best and most walkable Intown Atlanta neighborhoods. Take a peek at the neighborhood “walk score” for Candler Park:
WALK SCORE COMING SOON!